We hope you find this list of key items useful when packing.
Choose clothes for a wide range of temperatures that are light to carry, which you can layer – taking you from a warm afternoon to a cold night comfortably.
- SUN – A wide brimmed hat – UV 50+ umbrella significantly reduces heat – Refillable water bottle – Sunglasses – Sunblock – Lip Balm
- WALKING – Comfortable enclosed walking shoes – Shoes for wet conditions – Crocs for bathroom – Torch / Flashlight (& spare batteries)
- CLOTHES – Clothes you can layer, T-shirts, light long sleeved shirts – Warm Jacket for night time – beanie/hat/scarf /jumper for cold nights – Long pants
- RAIN – Light-weight waterproof jacket or rain poncho (it can rain & still be warm) – umbrella
- SLEEP -Earplugs & Sleep Mask – Pyjamas – Dressing Gown
- INSECTS – Personal insect repellent – spray for your tent
- TOILETRIES – please do not use anti-bacterial products as this affects the onsite sewage treatment plant – personal first aid kit
- EXTRA prescription medications – Spare pair of prescription glasses
- EVENT – FM radio with headset for translation & English hearing enhancement
- RECHARGE – International plugs for electrical equipment, phone recharger, cords
- TOWEL – only if you are staying in Swagman or in Twin Pioneer Tent
Label your Luggage – if staying onsite tag with the colour of your campground and number of your cabin or tent.
What not to bring
- Weapons of any kind are not permitted onsite at Amaroo.
- IRCE is fully licensed. Australian licensing laws prohibit guests from bringing any alcohol onsite.
- Do not bring illicit drugs. They are illegal. You will be asked to leave.